Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Buenos Aires


My name is Angela; I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina with my husband Thomas.  I'm not Argentine, not even close.  I'm a nanny/teacher from Denver, Colorado.  I like mountains, but I have never gone skiing.  I like big noisy cities, hence why I decided to up and move thousands of miles away to one of my favorite cities in the world.  I like city tromping. I've seen some amazing places in my life, but for some reason Buenos Aires has my heart.  My husband Thomas is a budding photographer, I guess I am too.  Together we like to take pictures.  We like to capture anything that looks interesting.

Avenida de Mayo (My favorite Street)


I decided to start a blog because I wanted to record this experience. Thomas and I left home with backpacks, bloated duffel bags, and some savings.  We didn't have jobs or even a place to live exactly when we arrived at the airport.  Why the risk?  Because, what is life worth living without adventure when the farthest you can fall is back home on your mom's coach, and scanning the Craig’s List want ads?  Besides, I am putting stock that the college degree I'm now 10k deep in student loans for is going to somehow pay off.  I'm hoping to put my education degree to good use and hopefully get a job teaching English, or maybe we'll get lucky and people will pay us to take their picture.  You never know....


No comments:

Post a Comment