Saturday, February 18, 2012

Handicrafts


I love handicrafts, and supporting local artisans; but I am often bummed by the fact that I am unable to buy all of the things I want back home in Denver because of the price tag.  I am a teacher, so naturally that means I make squat.  Traveling abroad however present a new scenario:  strong US dollar, weaker foreign currency equals the opportunity to indulge.  Today while taking a stroll around my neighborhood I came across the coolest thing ever, aluminum deodorant cans that had been cut, bent, and painted to represent miniature chairs.  The chairs had been painted with colors to symbolize the various popular soccer teams in Argentina.  For just eight Argentine pesos (roughly one dollar and eight six cents American) one of these chairs could be yours forever.  I of course bought one, and since I like supporting my local artisans, I let the nice man who sold me my chair keep the change.


Chairs

No comments:

Post a Comment