Monday, May 14, 2012

Por Favooooooor...

"Uruguaiano"
My husband and I took a day trip by ferry to Colonia, Uruguay a couple of weeks ago.  We needed to renew our visas and this is done by simply spending the day in Uruguay and then re-entering Buenos Aires.  Pretty easy stuff.  Colonia is a very small and very old city, but it's also rather quaint.  Thomas add I spent the day simply wandering around taking pictures.  I spotted an older man sitting in front of his home while we were walking through a neighborhood and immediately decided I wanted to take his picture.  I thought about taking a sneaky hip shot with my Canon, but decided what I really wanted was to take his photo using Thomas's clunky but wonderful Pentax.  So I decided I was simply going to ask the guy.  I gained up my courage, crossed the street, and asked, "May I please take a photo of you."  His response.."Por Favoooooooor." Meaning of couuuuuurse." He said this with a friendly smile and immediately struck a pose.  I am rather pleased with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment