Saturday, June 30, 2012

Urban Art of Palermo


"Confundido"
On Tuesdays and Thursdays I take the subway to a nice area of the city called Palermo.  The school I teach at is only a few blocks away from the zoo and the botanic gardens.  Since winter has slowly been making its way to Argentina, I usually take the subway in the morning; since it’s still dark when I leave my apartment at 7:15am and usually cold, I have discovered that traveling underground is warmer.  However, by the time I finish my class and leave my school later in the morning, the sun is out and I hop on the #55 bus and head back to my apartment in Caballito.  For the past few months I have noticed that Palermo, which is a “hip” area, full of bars, restaurants, cafes, and night clubs, also has some really interesting urban art.  Avenida Thames, the street the #55 travels down, is riddled with beautiful, bizarre, and very interesting murals and urban art.  Last Thursday I decided that I was going to bring my camera with me to work and then take a stroll down Thames.  Here are some examples of  urban art in Palermo:
"Pirata"

"Little Pig, Little Pig"
"Wall Rat"
"Corner Art"
"Confundido II"
"Anita's Wall"

No comments:

Post a Comment