Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter in Buenos Aires


We are not religious. So Easter traditionally involves brunch at my mom’s home, and Easter baskets for my niece and nephew.  This year however, we are far from Denver.  Easter here is simple.  Not the over commercialized affair that takes place back home.  There are no plastic eggs, no marshmallow Peeps, no Easter egg hunts.  I spotted a few chocolate eggs for sale and olive branches and palms available for Palm Sunday.  Otherwise, people went to mass and passed the afternoon with their families.  Today, my husband, good friend Cesar and I spent the day walking around San Telmo.  We ate lunch at a lovely restaurant, drank coffee at our favorite café and simple enjoyed each others company.  A nice Easter Sunday in our home away from home…

Green Door
Plaza de Mayo on Easter Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment